TL;DR – Data engineer building backend systems that empower data-driven organizations through self-service analytics. Currently based in the Boston, MA, USA area.
I am currently a data engineer at Interfolio.
- Interfolio is an enterprise SaaS collaboration platform serving the global higher education market.
- I’m working to build an enterprise data warehouse in a way that allows others within different business units to answer important questions using data. Design, documentation, and performance are all crucial to making the data easily explorable.
Over the course of my career, I have gained a unique perspective as both a developer and an account manager in leveraging people, process, and technology.
- I’ve held both client-facing and technical roles while addressing a wide range of business data initiatives across industries such as finance, food services, higher education, retail, technology, and telecommunications.
- During this time I’ve worked with numerous high-profile clients including Bank of America, Fitbit, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Sprint, and Taco Bell. I’ve also built numerous in-house tools and systems.
- My cross-functional roles have included data engineering, application development, business analysis, database marketing, and marketing automation. I’ve helped translate large amounts of fragmented data into smarter decision making.
With the rate at which technology changes, you can never stop learning new things. I take a proactive approach towards career growth and skill development that I write about in this blog. I’ve found it not only to be a nice way to document my work, but also a great way to share knowledge with others. I’ve also come across many useful resources and emerging ideas that I tweet about regularly.
Check out my resume for more details on my professional experiences.
Outside of work, I am a world traveler.
- To date, I have traveled to over 20 countries. In the summer of 2017, my wife and I took a 7-week sabbatical to travel throughout Japan and Southeast Asia.
I also like to read.
- These are some of the books I am reading, want to read, or have read in the past.
And I’m an investor, gamer, and sports fan.
- Mostly self-taught in financial portfolio management, and an active season ticket holder for the New England Patriots.