TL;DR – Senior software/data engineer building backend systems that help industry-leading brands make smarter marketing/advertising decisions. Also a world traveler.
My career has been tied closely to the convergence of marketing and technology (martech) and the ever-increasing reliance on data at the heart of it all. With petabytes of data being generated at every turn through digital interactions, I work to wrangle this data and derive value from it.
I am currently a senior software/data engineer at DigitasLBi.
- My team uses a variety of evolving technologies to build the backend systems and data pipelines behind SaaS tools used by global data science, marketing, and media management teams.
- Using both traditional RDBMS and newer open source software frameworks like Hadoop, we integrate disparate sources of structured and semi-structured data. In centralizing data streams, we help provide the structure and visualization necessary to enable crucial cross-platform analytics and automated advertising decisioning.
Over the past 6+ years I have gained experience as both a developer and a marketer in leveraging people, process, and technology.
- I’ve held both client-facing and technical roles while addressing a wide range of business initiatives across industries such as finance, food services, higher education, retail, technology, and telecommunications.
- During this time I’ve worked with numerous high-profile clients including Bank of America, Fitbit, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Sprint, and Taco Bell.
- My cross-functional roles have included data engineering, application development, business analysis, database marketing, and marketing automation. I’ve helped translate large amounts of fragmented data into smarter, real-time optimization of marketing/advertising dollars through technical expertise combined with marketing savviness and business acumen.
With the rate at which technology changes, you can never stop learning new things. I take a proactive approach towards career growth and skill development that I write about in this blog. I’ve found it not only to be a nice way to document my work, but also a great way to share knowledge with others. I’ve also come across many useful resources and emerging ideas that I tweet about regularly.
Check out my resume for more details on my professional experiences.
Outside of work, I am a world traveler.
- To date, I have traveled to over 20 countries. In the summer of 2017, my wife and I took a 7-week sabbatical to travel throughout Japan and Southeast Asia.
I also like to read.
- Here are some of the books I am reading, want to read, or have read in the past.
And I’m an investor, gamer, and sports fan.