TL;DR – Data engineer building performant backend systems that empower data-driven organizations through self-service analytics. Based in the Boston, MA, USA area.
I’m currently a data engineer at Interfolio.
- Interfolio offers consumer/enterprise faculty information SaaS products in serving the global higher education market.
- I’m building a modern business intelligence stack from the ground up in a way that allows both internal and external end users to answer important questions through supported self-service analytics. Architecture, documentation, and performance are all crucial to democratizing data that is easily explorable.
Over the course of my career, I’ve gained well-rounded experience as both a developer and a technical consultant in working with people, process, and technology.
- I’ve had the opportunity to solve numerous data challenges across a variety of industries using an assortment of best-in-class technologies and engineering well-designed, secure data ecosystems.
- During this time I’ve worked with numerous high-profile clients including Bank of America, Fitbit, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Sprint, and Taco Bell. I’ve also built numerous in-house tools and programs.
- My cross-functional roles have included data engineering, backend application development, business analysis, database marketing, and marketing automation. I’ve helped translate large amounts of fragmented data into smarter decision making.
With the rate at which technology changes, you can never stop learning new things. I take a proactive approach towards career growth and skill development that I write about in this blog. I’ve found it not only to be a nice way to document my own learning, but also a great way to share knowledge with others. I’ve also come across many useful resources and emerging ideas that I tweet about regularly.
Check out my resume for more details on my professional experiences.
Outside of work, I’m a world traveler.
- To date, I have traveled to over 20 countries. In the summer of 2017, my wife and I took a 7-week sabbatical to travel throughout Japan and Southeast Asia.
I also like to read.
- These are some of the books I am reading, want to read, or have read in the past.
And I’m an investor, gamer, and sports fan.