The 2017 Big Data Landscape
Just released - an excellent “State of the Union” roundup of the key trends in the 2017 data ecosystem. Some high level trends and questions that are explored in this comprehensive article:
- Big data + AI = the new stack. Big data provides the pipes, and AI provides the smarts.
- Enterprise budgets - follow the money
- Enterprise data moving to the cloud
- As the big data landscape gets busier every passing year, is big data consolidation coming?
- The cloud wars
- The rise of the data team workbench. Success in big data is based on creating an assembly line of technologies, people and processes.
- AI-powered vertical applications
- Bots backlash
With the killer combination of big data and AI (hype aside), the possibilities are enormous. As core infrastructure continues to mature, and the application side, powered by AI, is bursting with activity, in 2017 the big data (and AI) ecosystem is firing on all cylinders.
View the full report
*Source: Matt Turck
I'm a senior software/data engineer working in the marketing/advertising industry. I build backend applications and tie together disparate data sources to help industry-leading brands make smarter, data-driven decisions towards reaching their target audiences through media. LEARN MORE >>
comments powered by Disqus