AWSome Day Boston
In March 2016 I joined Amazon Web Services for an all-day training event at the Westin Copley Place in Boston. The workshop provided a step-by-step introduction to the core AWS services for compute, storage, database and networking. AWS technical experts explained key features and use cases, shared best practices, and walked through technical demos. We specifically covered the following topics:
- Module 1: AWS Introduction and History
- Module 2: Infrastructure Services: Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon EBS, and Amazon VPC
- Module 3: Security, Identity, and Access Management: IAM
- Module 4: Databases: Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon RDS
- Module 5: AWS Elasticity and Management Tools: Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon CloudWatch, and AWS Trusted Advisor
The day was a great for networking, learning more about cloud computing (from the clear market leader in this space) and how to get started on AWS Cloud. It is particularly valuable as some of my working environment is being shifted to Amazon’s data warehouse solution, Amazon Redshift.
The slides from this event can be viewed here.
I'm a senior data engineer working to advance data-driven cultures by wrangling disparate data sources and empowering end users to uncover key insights that tell a bigger story. LEARN MORE >>
comments powered by Disqus